What’s your personal brand?
It is important to have a niche to build your personal brand, but how do you know what niche to choose so that it motivates you and there is enough of a market for you to get your teeth into? Many people worry about narrowing down what they offer, fearful that they will limit themselves or say no to opportunities and regret it. Trying to appeal to everybody means that you end up appealing to nobody.
The internet means that the whole world is your potential market, so having too broad an offer of services or target customers can mean that you waste time and marketing budgets and achieve little, and do not build your personal brand.
Here are 10 questions for you to think about your niche:
1. What words do people who know you well use to describe you?
2. What are you really good at that you take for granted?
3. What kind of problems do you really enjoy solving?
4. What specific group of people do you feel most passionately about helping?
5. What challenge have you personally overcome that you can now help others with?
6. What type of project, if you could only choose one, would you love to tackle?
7. What would be your dream role and why?
8. Imagine getting to the end of your life and looking back. What would you like to be remembered for?
9. What themes consistently come up in performance appraisals/client testimonials about you?
10. What 2 words best sum up the gift you give to others?
What questions would you add to help to help build your personal brand?
Everything is changing fast, so plan time at least every three months to review and update your personal brand.
To follow our tweets on Twitter, follow us: talentliberator