Career cul de sac or crossroads?
How’s your career?
Making time to reflect on your career and take a step back can be hard in a busy world.
It is important to do this, because even in uncertain times, you need to create a career strategy and plan. It is a bit like having a horizon towards which you sail, but you might have to tack sideways to reach your destination. You might encounter a storm or two on the way, or head into port for a while to service the boat or do some training for the new digital equipment. Or you might decide to adjust your compass, change your career horizon, and head in a different direction altogether.
Here are some self-reflective questions to reflect on your career.
- What have I achieved this year to be proud of?
- What has worked less well this year and what have I learnt?
- What needs to change to be fit for purpose for a prosperous and satisfying future career?
- How much do I really understand my employer/client needs and priorities and how can I understand them better?
- What is resistance to change costing me?
- What’s working well and what’s working less well?
- Where can I improve efficiency and be more productive?
- How motivated and engaged about my career am I feeling?
- What training do I need to be fit for purpose with the changing work market?
- What goals do I want to achieve next?
- What’s stopping my career fulfillment and what can I do about it?
- What are my values and to what extent is my career aligned with them?
- What’s my career plan and who or what can help me to make it happen?
For insights about the changing world of work, why not follow us on Twitter: @talentliberator
Wishing you success and career fulfillment. Let us know how we can help you on your journey.