This blog, part 3 of 3, shares 10 tips to make a great impression at the start of your new job.
1. Identify key messages that you want to give out about your role and contribution
2. Diarise time each week to get in touch with your stakeholders and build relationships
3. Apply customer relationship management (CRM) principles with your key stakeholders – take notes after every interaction and refer to them before communicating
4. Find out who the powerful connectors are internally of information and people
5. Establish the politics so you don’t unwittingly ‘tread on landmines’
6. Identify some ‘quick wins’
7. Make time once a month to reflect on the learnings
8. Be yourself
9. Connect/follow key stakeholders on Twitter and LinkedIn
10. Attend industry/profession networking events to get up to speed with issues affecting the sector
What tips would you add?
For more useful tips and insights, why not follow us on Twitter?